ISSN    : 2587-0998
E-ISSN : 2587-1404
Incidence of Metabolic Syndrome in Anti-Hepatitis C Virus Positive Patients [South Clin Ist Euras]
South Clin Ist Euras. 2020; 31(4): 370-375 | DOI: 10.14744/scie.2020.87059

Incidence of Metabolic Syndrome in Anti-Hepatitis C Virus Positive Patients

Mehmet Emirhan Işık1, Arzu Cennet Işık2, Semra Özgümüş3, Ramazan Korkusuz4, Sevtap Şenoğlu4, Hayriye Esra Ataoğlu5
1Department of Infectious Diseases and Clinical Microbiyology, University of Health Sciences, Koşuyolu High Specialty Training and Research Hospital, İstanbul, Turkey
2Department of Internal Medicine, University of Health Sciences, Kartal Dr. Lütfi Kırdar Training and Research Hospital, İstanbul, Turkey
3Department of Infectious Diseases and Clinical Microbiyology, İzmit Seka State Hospital, Kocaeli, Turkey
4Department of Infectious Diseases and Clinical Microbiyology, University of Health Sciences, Dr. Sadi Konuk Training and Research Hospital, İstanbul, Turkey
5Department of Internal Medicine, University of Health Sciences, Haseki Training and Research Hospital, İstanbul, Turkey

INTRODUCTION: Research has shown that hepatitis C infection, metabolic syndrome (MS), and non-alcoholic fatty liver syndrome are associated. This study was designed to assess the parameters of MS in people with hepatitis C antibodies.
METHODS: We enrolled 104 patients, including 52 men and 52 women who visited our hospital and had anti-hepatitis C virus (HCV) positivity. In the patient group, different examinations were performed as per the MS criteria in the Adult Treatment Panel (ATP) III and International Diabetes Federation (IDF) guidelines.
RESULTS: As per the ATP III criteria, the prevalence of MS was 36.5% (n=38) in the total population, 55.8% (n=29) in women, and 17.3% (n=9) in men in our study. When the IDF criteria were applied, the MS prevalence was 48.1% (n=50) in the total population, 65.4% (n=34) in women, and 30.8% (n=16) in men.
DISCUSSION AND CONCLUSION: In our study, the prevalence of MS was significantly higher in female patients with HCV antibodies than in male patients.

Keywords: ATP ve IDF kriterleri, Hepatit C; metabolik sendrom.

Anti-HCV Pozitif Hastalarda Metabolik Sendrom Sıklığı

Mehmet Emirhan Işık1, Arzu Cennet Işık2, Semra Özgümüş3, Ramazan Korkusuz4, Sevtap Şenoğlu4, Hayriye Esra Ataoğlu5
1Enfeksiyon Hastalıkları ve Klinik Mikrobiyoloji, Sağlık Bilimleri Üniversitesi, Koşuyolu Yüksek İhtisas Eğitim ve Araştırma Hastanesi, İstanbul, Türkiye
2İç Hastalıkları Kliniği, Sağlık Bilimleri Üniversitesi, Kartal Dr. Lütfi Kırdar Eğitim ve Araştırma Hastanesi, İstanbul, Türkiye
3Enfeksiyon Hastalıkları ve Klinik Mikrobiyoloji Kliniği, İzmit Seka Devlet Hastanesi, Kocaeli, Türkiye
4Enfeksiyon Hastalıkları ve Klinik Mikrobiyoloji Kliniği, Sağlık Bilimleri Üniversitesi, Dr. Sadi Konuk Eğitim ve Araştırma Hastanesi, İstanbul, Türkiye
5İç Hastalıkları Kliniği, Sağlık Bilimleri Üniversitesi, Haseki Eğitim ve Araştırma Hastanesi, İstanbul, Türkiye

GİRİŞ ve AMAÇ: Literatürde hepatit C enfeksiyonu, metabolik sendrom ve non-alkolik karaciğer yağlanması arasında ilişki olduğu görülmüştür. Çalışmamızda Hepatit C antikoru saptanan kişilerde metabolik sendrom parametreleri incelendi.
YÖNTEM ve GEREÇLER: Çalışmaya, hastanemize başvuran ve anti HCV pozitifliği saptanan 52’si erkek ve 52’si kadın olmak üzere 104 hasta alındı. Hasta grubunda ATP III ve IDF’nin belirlediği metabolik sendrom kriterlerine göre ayrı ayrı inceleme yapıldı.
BULGULAR: ATP kriterlerine göre metabolik sendrom oranı %36.5 (n=38) saptandı. Kadınlarda ATP kriterlerine göre metabolik sendromlu oranı %55.8 (n=29), erkeklerde bu oran %17.3 (n=9) bulundu. IDF kriterlerine göre ise tüm hastalar içinde metabolik sendromlu oranı %48.1 (n=50) olarak saptandı. Kadınlarda IDF kriterlerine göre metabolik sendromlu hasta oranı %65.4 (n=34) iken; erkeklerde bu oran %30.8 (n=16) bulundu.
TARTIŞMA ve SONUÇ: Çalışmamızda HCV antikoru saptanan kadın hastalarda metabolik sendrom oranı erkek hastalara göre belirgin olarak yüksek saptanmıştır.

Anahtar Kelimeler: Hepatit C, Metabolik Sendrom, ATP ve IDF Kriterleri.

Mehmet Emirhan Işık, Arzu Cennet Işık, Semra Özgümüş, Ramazan Korkusuz, Sevtap Şenoğlu, Hayriye Esra Ataoğlu. Incidence of Metabolic Syndrome in Anti-Hepatitis C Virus Positive Patients. South Clin Ist Euras. 2020; 31(4): 370-375

Corresponding Author: Mehmet Emirhan Işık, Türkiye
LookUs & Online Makale